star•va•tion
[ staar váysh'n ]
NOUN
1.
lack of food: the state of not having enough food, or of losing strength or dying through lack of food
e•nough
[ i núf ]
ADJECTIVE
1.
adequate: as much as is needed
"enough time to go shopping"
2.
as much as is bearable: as much or as many as can be tolerated
"in enough trouble already"
ADVERB
1.
to the necessary extent: to an extent that is as much as is needed
"I couldn't run fast enough to catch the cat."
2.
adds emphasis: used to give emphasis to adverbs
"Oddly enough, we'd met before."
3.
to a tolerable degree: to an extent that is as much as can be tolerated
"She was arrogant enough before her promotion."
4.
passably: to a moderate or satisfactory extent
"speaks the language well enough"
pron
1.
needed or tolerated amount: the amount that is needed or that can be tolerated
"Bring more money; we never have enough."
Content above provided by
Encarta® World English Dictionary[North American Edition] © & (P) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Jesus is the bread of life. If this makes sense, right now I feel as though I am starving for Him. The thing is that maybe, just maybe, I’m not really starving. It seems to me the more I reflect on it, there is plenty of God’s love and an infinite amount for me to devour but I’m so hungry for Him that at times it feels like it’s not enough. I want more of Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit. I want to open myself up to Him with every inch of my being. I want to be in full communion with Him. God doesn’t limit the love He offers us. He doesn’t give one person more than he gives another. We are all capable of being in full communion with Him, it’s our choice. How much do we want Him? How much of ourselves are we willing to give for His love, His glory and His fulfillment?
Going back to the food metaphor which I used because most of us can understand it; if Jesus is our daily bread, the bread of life and God is infinite then there is an infinite amount of bread to go around for each of us. There is no need for starvation, no need to lose strength or die through lack of food. But without this bread, our Lord Jesus Christ, we become weak and begin to lose strength…the strength that comes from God. Without Christ our souls cry out in starvation mode because there is not enough and our needs are not met, not only in our bodies but in our minds and souls. There is a great hunger for Christ in the world. People long for more. Some have no idea what they are longing for and fill their voids with other things; relationships, riches, recognition. We can be weak and at times blinded, confused or mislead by the lies of the enemy in our world. Some of us feel unworthy of what God offers us, some of us rebel against it because lack of control instills great fear in us and some of us are constantly craving another meal with Christ. When we give ourselves fully to God, we have the capacity to open our hearts to His will and immense love for us in ways that before have seemed unfathomable. Each time we reach for Him, He opens our hearts even more, allowing His graces to flow through us like a flood.
God is unchanging and His love for us is something we may not be able to completely wrap our human brains around until we reach Him in heaven and come into complete understanding of Him. But until that time he offers us the love that we allow ourselves to feel, to accept from Him. We have the choice to love Him as much as we can, now, here on Earth just this one lifetime. We have this limited amount of time on Earth and should spend it loving Him and trying to unite with Him each opportunity we get. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Source and the Summit of our existence. From Him we came and to Him we shall return. Don’t you see? God IS the goal for us. He’s what we long for. He’s what we are hungry for. He’s what we are starving for. Each human on this earth has a longing for something they might not be able to explain. We have questions. We are absolutely baffled by the mystery of His love for us. We are mystified by the mystery of faith. We seek to be enlightened and once we have really experienced Him, we cannot turn back. We are illuminated.
I have come to a point though where I have to remember to give gratitude for the blessing of love that I do feel because I want more each day. Growing in my relationship with God, I feel as though I never have enough and maybe that is a good thing. Because I’m reaching for heaven and I’m longing to be in full communion with Him, knowing that if I am obedient, love Him with every fiber of my being and love ALL those I come in contact with, one day my hunger will be completely satisfied. That brings me great hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment