"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A piece in the puzzle


After a summer of prayer and reflection, here is my epiphany: God knows me better than I know myself so I will let him choose what is best for me. I do this because I trust Him more than anyone in this world, more than myself. I can no longer deny the longings of my heart: To serve and to be a wife and mother one day.

“To be strengthened with power through his spirit in the inner self, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through; that rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehended with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length of right and depth and to knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”

I am crafted for companionship, to love and to nurture my loved ones and my brothers and sisters. I have gifts of knowledge, wisdom, faith and healing. I am gifted in words and compassion. I have a special love for those in physical and spiritual poverty, the homeless, those with affliction or addictions, and for children.

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to focus on finishing my education and volunteer in my free time as a lay woman. I want to consecrate myself to our Virgin Mother. I will not let the fire inside of me die and will continue my prayer life and to cultivate friendships. And finally Jesus will be my first love as I await the man he has set aside for me, the man he is preparing and has crafted me for.
I trust that God will lead me where I need to go as far as serving him. I know he will open the doors when it is time. He doesn’t waste a thing and his timing is always perfect.

I love you Jesus!! Thank you Father in heaven!! Holy Spirit guide me!!

1 comment:

  1. That is the greatest revelation anyone could come to...that God is in complete control. :)

    ReplyDelete