"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Friday, May 6, 2011

Back to Life

It’s been about ten months since I last wrote. I have grown and changed a lot but am still striving to follow God’s will for my life. I have recently reached a point in which I have realized that I have been putting unneeded pressure on myself when it comes to love. Sometimes we envision things to turn out a certain way and my life has been nothing but surprises. I have strayed away from God’s will so many times I can’t even count. But, I had a timeline in my head of how my life was “supposed to be”. I would get out of high school at 18, be out of college by 21, and married by 30.This has been a huge mistake.

I can’t think like that. It really takes away from the beauty of God’s plan for my life. I have realized that I must put the pen in God’s hand and let him write my story. This seems so simple but was kind of an epiphany for me. I haven’t been on my knees praying as much as I was last summer. This spring I realized that my life has been more of a living prayer. I witness to others at school, student teaching, with friend and family through my actions. I offer each day up to God and pray that he will guide my words and actions. Right now I feel like that is my role as God’s daughter.

I am quite the communicator and I am very emotional so talking is what I do best. I really enjoy deep conversations. That is the best way for me to exhibit my Christianity. So it’s important that I really think before I do or say things. The world is watching me and so is God and I want to please him not disappoint him with my attempts to be holy. So this is where I’m at today I will be writing more this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment