Now, I understand God’s inner workings. I deeply care for a
man who is broken. In my selfishness last year, I wanted to be in a
relationship with him. I didn’t realize that he must be healed and in a state
of strength before he will be prepared to be in a relationship. I too must be
at my best spiritually, physically and emotionally before I enter any romantic relationship.
So, this past year I have been working on myself. Taking into account
everything that God needs to heal me of before I enter into courtship and the
next and last relationship of my life, the relationship that will lead me to
the vocation of marriage.
I can see how God has made me focus on my studies as I
completed my last semester of college and my student teaching practicum. I also
followed my doctor’s instruction and treatment plan. I feel the healthiest I
have in years and the happiest and wholest but I still need healing when it
comes to some very personal struggles. I have been blessed to have been invited
to a weeklong retreat in Florida this summer which may help me heal from these
wounds. God is so good and his timing is perfect. As far as my relationship
with this friend of mine, I am willing to wait on God. I am willing to wait for
God to heal him of his wounds and struggles because I truly care for him. This
may be a mistake, but if it is I know God will make it evident to me that it
will be time for me to move on, but in the meantime, I will continue to pray
fervently for this man whom I care for so deeply.
No comments:
Post a Comment