"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lonely to Loved



I realized a few days ago, that I was running from myself. By keeping myself insanely busy and wrapped up with socializing, I was free from facing myself. I have made some changes and the outcome has been amazing. I feel like I have this void and instead of turning to Christ, I am constantly turning to the world to fill that void; a void that can only be filled by love. I have many struggles and have found comfort in listening to the stories of my brothers and sisters, men and women that I look up to that are doing all they can to live Christ like lives. I feel like I was hiding from myself, I was afraid to be alone. Jesus is always there when I realize I have made one or countless mistakes, there is always a second chance to start fresh and ask for forgiveness. I think God loves us most when we are vulnerable and honest and sorry. I think he loves us for it and embraces us with his love in an even stronger way. His love is outrageous for us. Just thought I'd mention this simple thing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment