"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm a communicator. What are you?

I realize that I have changed so much in the past year or two. I feel more a lot more comfortable with myself and I realize my strengths and weaknesses. I am a communicator and this can get me into trouble sometimes. I know that I come from a family where communication is central. We have talks and discuss our feelings and problems. We work things out as fast as possible when a conflict arises because we don’t like to argue. But, not everyone comes from a family like this. There is a guy that I am still friends with that I used to date. He never communicated with me, still to this day he finds it difficult and talking about his feelings and private life is a last resort. I don’t understand how he can be that way. The only think that I can think is that we were raised in different ways. My family is not only communicative but highly emotional and affectionate. This is when I have to realize that we all come from different life experiences and childhoods that molded and shaped us into the adults we are now. I imagine the life that Jesus had with Mary and Joseph and how his relationship with them helped him as he grew up. Jesus when he was in the temple with the teachers after he got lost for two days asked lots of questions. Many times in the Bible it shows Jesus asking the people questions to get a point across. Jesus was a communicator as well. I think it’s beautiful to think about he was raised and what his teenage and young adult years might have been like. I think about it sometimes and how he was 33 when he began his ministry. I am only 28 and I wonder if by the time I’m 33 I’ll be involved in a ministry as well. I’ll never be like Jesus but to try to follow his teachings and ways is something I strive to do. I really went on a tangent with this one but I guess my point is that we are all growing and evolving just as Jesus did. We all have a mission and our life experiences and the lessons we have learned which have shaped us to be communicators or more discrete and private are the characteristics that God has bestowed on us. He knows us to the last hair on our heads and has been with us through the struggles and the triumphs. We are each called to a particular mission and whether you are 18 or 33 he is calling us to live for him and fulfill that mission; each in our own unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment